Day 1: Floristry Basics
A visit to the biggest Flower Market In Durban – you would need to get there in your own vehicle. Then the rest of your day will be at my Workshop.
- How to condition your flowers to ensure they last longer.
- How to purchase flowers.
- Working with floral foam.
- Flower preparation.
- Tools & floral products available.
- You will create a table centerpiece and learn how to arrange flowers in a vase.
- Learn the most important bouquet technique in floristry – the hand tied bouquet.
- Learn how we combine different textures and colours.
- Wrapping techniques including the aqua pack & tissue wrapping.
Wedding Flowers – Semi Wired bridal Bouquet – Freestanding pedestal Design Demo.
- Create a perfectly compact and domed bridal bouquet, learning how to wire flowers.
- Then watch and learn how to create an elaborate free-standing design.
Bridal Flowers – corsage, buttonhole & flower girl ringlet.
No wedding day is complete without the above flowers). Learn how to create these all important aspects of any wedding.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE
All manner of seasonal flowers and foliage are provided for the entire course.
All floral supplies are included ie. floral foam, tape, wire, packaging.
All of your designs, including vases, are yours to take home.
Please wear comfortable shoes and clothing & bring your camera.
Also bring a very warm jacket on the first day, to the flower market – it is freezing!
Tea and coffee…with a cake of course…is served throughout the day.
If you wish to stay for a light lunch – you are welcome & an additional charge of R150.00 will be charged.
Bookings for this are essential.
The days start at 10 am sharp and finish at 4 pm, with a maximum of 8 pupils in each class.
You will receive a tool kit with a Coralee’s Florist Apron, Floral Scissors, Rose Stripper, Floral Knife,
Carry bag, Course notes & Certificate of Completion.
*Price subject to change without notice.
This course will only run if there are a minimum of 5 attendees.
Seats can only be secured with a 30% deposit.
In the event that we are unable to run the course, you will receive a full refund on your deposit.
Please do not book your flights or accommodation until we have confirmed that the course is taking place.
Contact us to book now!